Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Cinderella overslept" (but not really)



So what happened to Adarsh Jayakumar in round 6 at Reykjavik? Ouch.

Adarsh corrects the above blog entry via Facebook and remains philosophical.
So I wasn't planning on commenting on what happened but then I saw this posted by the organizers: http://www.reykjavikopen.com/cinderella-overslept/. First of all, yes I did miss my round and forfeit to GM Stelios. However, I did not oversleep, I was busy preparing and thought the round was at 4:30 instead of 1. Fortunately, I still have enough rounds to get a norm, my performance rating is at 2430, and I "lost" to a 2560 as black. Could be worse!

1 comment:

Frederick Rhine said...

Ouch indeed. But since this wasn't a played game, it presumably will have no significance for norm purposes. If Adarsh had lost as Black to this 2560 that would have hurt his chances more than the forfeit did. So maybe there's a bit of a silver lining.